I didn't get the job offer. I guess it came down to me and someone else and despite their "very hard decision" they went for the other candidate. :( I did however get a personal phone call from both the hiring manager and the director, both of whom were severely apologetic and want me to apply for a different position altogether just to get me on board. It would be in Development--for which I have little to no experience, besides the writing--but it would be a valuable area to fatten up on my résumé and it might be more realistic of an undertaking given my "condition" in the upcoming months. I still didn't mention the pregnancy to either of them yet. It just didn't seem like good timing.
I have ambivalent feelings about it all. Ideally I would have had a "Job" by this past February so I would be qualified for paid maternity leave when the time comes. Unfortunately that is a moot point at this juncture, I guess. Worst case scenario, I know I can always go back to bartending whenever I want to. My boss already assured me he'd hire me back whenever, if I wanted to come back. As much as I'd love to say I got my MA for something other than pouring drinks, the schedule would really help for the two of us once we had the little one to take care of. I could be home days, work a few nights a week and Tim would be home from work to stay with the baby during my shifts. I really think I want to spend as much time as possible with the little one anyway for the first year or so.
On a happier note we had our second midwife appointment yesterday and it went well, but quick. Heard the Baby's heartbeat again (such a beautiful sound!) got good results on all the blood work, and made an appointment to find out the gender. October 7th will be the happy day for the sonogram. Only 6 weeks away now, and lots to look forward to! I can't imagine waiting another 20 weeks after that before we found out! As the song goes, "the waiting is the hardest part."
Hope all is well in your part of the world.
4 comments:
I'm sure grant writing would be beneficial to you in whatever art-type field you get into. Its great that they are eager to have you work there (they'd have to be deaf, dumb and blind not to).
I'm excited to know what the sex of the baby is! I was looking to get a sweet South Korea singlet for the baby, and I found all these cute little clothes at a street vendor. I realized after scrutinizing one dress that they were actually DOG CLOTHES! I'm still on the lookout, so don't worry.
PS - any spelling mistakes?
hahaha
I totally almost just shot coffee through my nose reading about the dog/baby clothes.
No spelling errors, just small grammar mistakes.
:)
sorry... I probably wouldn't have found them, had you not asked. editing is just one of my many useless talents.
You're crushing my ego!!
Post a Comment