Tuesday, August 19, 2008

As promised...

I'm not doing a bang up job of posting here.  Mostly because I feel like all I'd have to say lately is, "crabby this" and "crabby that".  Also, I wanted to give it a few weeks before I took another picture since I really needed a haircut and that last picture seems so anticlimactic.  

So... I cut my hair myself (no more longish pieces in the front... that was just not growing out well,) and finally made T take another picture.  He insisted on a better back drop this time, since the last one was l.a.m.e.o.  I swear I'm not making a stupid face, I just feel like it takes forever to pose.  Anyhooo... here's the pic:  

(I swear I'm not that angry looking all the time.)

Had an interview on Monday with ArtWorks for the MuralWorks Program Coordinator position.  I think it went well, but I was only the first interviewee, so it was hard to gauge their interest and what kind of competition I am up against.  Upon further research I've also discovered that even if I get a "real" job prior to Baby Ree coming, I won't be guaranteed paid maternity leave.  Apparently you have to work somewhere for a consecutive 12 months in order to qualify for that benefit.  Boosville.  I'm really torn between wanting another income and spending the first year of Baby's life with him/her at home anyway.  I guess I want both.  Ahhh, the trials and tribulations of modern woman.  We can have it all, and if we don't do it all, we're somehow falling short.  

My wishes vary day to day, right now.  Sometimes hour to hour.  I don't really know what I want.  Besides a happy healthy baby.  I guess that's really all you can ask for.


2 comments:

Annimal said...

I-N-D-E-P-E-N-T-E-N-T Do you know what I mean?

mama n papa Ree said...

HAHAHAHA.

you are brilliant Ann, but spelling is not your strong suit. :)