Thursday, September 3, 2009

Life is beautiful


Chapter (month) 7:


Our boy is growing up so quickly.
(check out that hand style)

Timmy look-alike

mid-babble

those cheeks are coming in nicely

oh Dad...

smiles for miles

I've been trying to capture the changing of his eye color

looking awfully brown to me in this picture, but more slate grey right now in real life

he's so into the hands these days

and flinging things around

oh hai.

it's not that his forehead is getting big. it's that his brain is growing so fast that his hair can't keep up.

serious talks with dad

ohhh, just standin. no big deal.

wish it wasn't raining so we could go out for a walk...

bbbbbbbbbbunny

What we've been up to:
We start every day with a breakfast of solids. I started adding 1/4 cooked farm fresh egg yolk to our morning cereal/milk/pro-biotic mix. I usually make c. 1 TBS-1/4 cup every morning and he eats it like a champ. I *need* to get a highchair as we discovered the other day at lunch that he can now sit up in one. right now I just feed him sitting on my lap. (add this to the list of things I need to buy but don't want to spend money on.)
After T leaves for work we go out for our walk. D's usually awake for the first 30-45 minutes and then he konks out and I get free reign on kissing him as he is right under my chin and usually super snuggly so he doesn't mind and will fall right back to sleep if my slobbering wakes him.
I don't know what we're going to do when the weather gets bad. It's still pretty easy carrying him but I need to make a chiropractors appointment as it's been about 4 months and carrying him so much throws my body out of whack. I do feel so much stronger, though. Walks really help. And my body is pretty damn close to what it used to be... maybe better in some areas, haha. Definitely better than I thought it would be some 6 months ago. Whew! It's fun to feel good again in cute clothes and I still can't believe I actually got off without a single stretch mark (at least none on my belly and none that didn't exist before!)
Anywhoo... yeah. Enjoying the warm weather while it's still around.
D has almost outgrown his bouncy chair. Right now he's still sitting in it while I take my shower but we're going to have to come up with another option soon. He's just SO GOOD these days and being a sweetie who smiles and talks and is just fun to be around.
The rest of our day before T returns from work usually involve some kind of errand (returning library books/videos, going to the grocery/DMV/post office, etc.) or visiting with friends/family. Naps are usually twice a day and anywhere from 30 min.-2 hrs. Even though it's typically my only alone time, I've recently started napping at the same time because he just wears me out! We also play a lot which basically consists of me lying around with him, lifting him so he can practice standing & sitting, making him laugh, tickling him, playing with toys or in one of our activity places (ie: mat, saucer, crib). Since he is so much more engaged with his environment, it is amazing to see him process the world around him. Everything is new every day.

Okay, I've typed on this thing for awhile now and the little buggy is starting to wake up.
Gotta go be mama.
Love to you all.



1 comment:

erin said...

thinking about you guys always.
so glad you update and display photos. he's got some great faces! im seeing YOU in him a bit too mama.
miss you so very very much!!