Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Mommy's little peanut




Life has changed so much with Desmond here now.  Tim has had the past week+ home with us and the two of us spend most of our time just looking at him; adoring our beautiful baby boy.  I have about 50 more pics of Des just hanging out being cute, sleeping, looking innocent.  He is a dream.  

It's funny how, for so long I thought I wasn't ready for a little one, yet how natural and right it actually feels.  He is all that we expected and more:  sweet, good natured, quiet, a big sleeper.  But he also is really funny.  He spends a lot of time messing around when I feed him.  Sometimes he's all business, but other times he just wants to play around.  He has a battle cry he makes before he latches on that is pretty hilarious.  He's definitely his dad's boy.  We got a card from Grandma and Grandpa Reeder today and they sent a picture of Tim as a newborn.  The resemblance is uncanny.  As you can see from the picture above, he also holds his ear like T used to do when he was a little guy.  Adorable.

Of course I'm exhausted, sore, hormonal, ravenous, etc. etc.  All of which is expected given the major adjustment to life with baby and life after giving birth.  But I'm overjoyed most of the time.  And totally in love with this little guy.  He is now the boss of the house and I don't mind it.  I'm just trying to make the best decisions for him on a daily basis about what he needs, how to satisfy his needs, and setting the bar for him as the most important person in our lives.  

I wish you guys could see him.  I want to show him off so bad.  Recently got one of these for Des and it makes him so snuggly and gives me two hands to do what I need.  I'm actually using it right now and he is fast asleep yet close by so I never feel like I'm not giving him the proper attention and care that he needs.  

Okay, that's enough gushing for now.  Love to you all.

2 comments:

Erin A said...

eeeeeeeeeeeee. so precious!

Annimal said...

I can't wait to meet him!