Christmas was nice. Lots of cooking and family time, which is great. Even got to squeeze in a few special evenings worth of socializing.
Work party with lots of good vibes (I love the organization I work for)
TBS moped x-mas gathering- got to see lots of out of town friends & received so many baby clothes for Des!
random visits to the house by good friends from out of town
Day after x-mas dinner at the Comet, (where everyone and their cousin came out of the woodwork) so I got to see even local people I haven't seen in MONTHS. lots of belly rubbing :)
Lots of DAYS off of work (even if I had to take some work home with me)
didn't have any crazy late night hang out sessions and missed quite a few out-of-towners while they were here, but I think all of the essential people made a chance to hang out as much as possible.
Two baby showers pending, early next month. it should be good just to gather more of our friends together, after the busy holiday season and before our busy baby months to come. It's good to witness the changes in C & S's lives after Baby Henry's arrival, so we have a much more realistic idea of what's to come in the next few months. and to be thankful for the next few "quiet" months we have to ourselves before Desi's arrival.
I'm impatient, anxious, but really excited for these last few months of pregnancy--despite all the discomfort and humiliation of ugly/uncomfortable maternity clothes. I have to try so much harder to feel "cute" or even acceptably attractive and in the later stages--especially the past week, sans work. I haven't been showering or fixing my hair/makeup every day. Total change for me, who typically enjoys--dare I say--looks forward to getting dolled-up every day. It just takes so much effort these days to feel motivated...
I promise myself I'll put extra effort into getting my body back & feeling attractive again after Desi's born. Of course, it will be secondary to his health, breastfeeding schedule, and other worldly needs, but I don't think those things & my body returning back to normal are mutually exclusive. Saw our friend Bobbi this past weekend at the Comet and she is a great example of getting her body back so quickly after the birth of her son, Aiden. I'm inspired that it won't be as hard as it may feel right now. If anything, it will be a chance for me to continue doing all the healthy things that pregnancy has forced upon me thus far. But also I'll be able to start running again :)
Well, here's to hoping your holidays were great too. Love and miss you all lots.
No comments:
Post a Comment