Finally finished a huge project at work last night that had me working 11-12 hour days and working everyday for the past few weeks. I was getting exhausted! I'm lucky this was all happening during my second trimester, though, because generally I feel pretty on top of the world right now. Especially with fall really kicking in here. I get real nostalgic and warm & cozy feeling about my family. I'm so looking forward to the holidays and having time off, spending some down time with family, and seeing Baby H born!
The turning of the leaves here is beautiful and our yard is awash in lovely warm colors. T is off today and tomorrow for a moped rally TBS hosts every year in New Carrolton, KY with the Louisville gang. Should be pretty weather--sunny but chilly. I remember last year it was so sunny, even with wind exposure on the 4 hour ride down I ended up taking off one of my 3 under layers. It's a beautiful ride along the river and I'll miss it for sure, but I've got plenty of things to do at home.
Cristina has her second baby shower today. I threw her a smaller, more intimate one last week at Bonbonerie Tea Room (YUM) for old friends. It was nice but I had to rush off to work right after. This one should be a lot more enjoyable knowing that 1) I'm not in charge and 2) I can relax and enjoy the scene.
Tomorrow morning we have a load out for the 1200+ art pieces on boards that became my inherited work project (ahem notwhatIwashiredtodo ahem) of the past month and a half. I'll be glad to be done with it, although there are more loose ends to tie up before next week and the main fundraising event this exhibition will benefit. I also plan on using this as negotiating leverage for a raise upon my 3-month job review. I think I've earned it.
T and I met with a doula last week and got a lot of empowering information about natural birth choices. It was something I was really undecided about from the beginning, but the more I learn about natural birth, the more I really want to have one. We are considering switching doctors and birth hospital as well. My dream would be to have a home birth (it's the only way to have a water birth in Cincy) with a midwife, but without insurance coverage (backwards insurance companies!) we just can't afford it.
The compromise might be to have a doctor who has experience and a reputation for allowing a woman to birth naturally, sans intervention--which is such a common practice these days. I have so many friends who planned on natural birth yet ended up having a cesarean despite their best plans and wishes. I want to have someone who will empower me to allow my body to do what it needs to do to get this little guy out in the most positive and stress-free (notice I didn't say pain-free) way possible. I have faith my body can handle the process. I just want to find a doctor who will do the same. I'll keep you all up to date on what the next few weeks bring.
And I promise I'll post some more pictures soon.
Love you all and miss you so much.
xoxo
5 comments:
I am so happy for you! Fall must be a wonderful time to be pregnant-perfect weather, and the coziness that comes with the first signs of cold. I am so homesick; trying to get in for Thanksgiving (probably won't happen, sigh), but can't wait to see you and your gigantic belly if I do!
will you be in town for x-mas, Hanukkah, or New Years? we're talking about when to have a shower and I'd love it to be when out-of-towners will be home.
over christmas time you guys HAVE to meet my sister in law. milo and baby ree (d? h?) are only months apart in age. she has alot of wisdom about the weird little things like natural foods and medicines and all that stuff. plus she needs more awesome parent friends cause she just moved to cincy.
I would love to see some pictures. I astounded that you can work 10-12 hour days during your pregnancy, but I guess thats just one more example of what an amazing person you are! I wish I could come home and see you during the holidays, but I'll be back soon enough to meet the little guy after he enters the world.
For the record:
Baby Ree = short for Reeder
Baby H = my sister's little guy (Henry)
Baby D = Desi, Desmond, aka: the little guy
Post a Comment