I've been feeling the "quickening" lately (as they call it,) which is really just the early butterflies in the tum that signals the baby is moving around. I felt it first last week sometime (according to my online resources, this was about a week earlier than typical) when I was lying in bed in the middle of the night and was half asleep. All of a sudden I thought, "whoa! what was that?" and it felt like a pop or something under my skin. Weirdest thing was I could feel it on both sides of the skin and it was kind of amazing. Woke me right up, and I kept trying to sense it again but Baby was having none of it. The rest of the week I kept trying to put my hand on where I thought I could feel the Baby and see if I could feel any push back, but nothing. Today at work I was lying on the couch with the kids watching TV and I felt what seemed like popcorn or bubbles randomly tapping on my belly from the inside. This was definitely not gas. Something way more magical. I can tell Baby Ree was playing hard to get but reassuring me that she or he was indeed there; sending me love, keeping all my hopes up. It's such a crazy feeling to sense that something is growing inside you. With you all the time. It makes me feel really connected and... I don't know... holy. Like some kind of magic is taking place inside of me everyday. Amazing.
J is staying with us this week, as Mom & Dad are off to PR for their first vacation alone (ever) in almost 28 years. He's really trying to not be a burden as I can see him struggling with his own issues, trying to be "good." Nonetheless he worries about things constantly. When are mom & dad going to call? What are they doing right now? Will I get him on the van alright for work, and will I be there when he gets home? His issues are simple but they are never ending. We had to remind him of where he put his basketball three times last night, despite the fact that he was not going to need it until the weekend, probably. He is a handful but I am reminded of how lucky I was to have had a hand in raising him, and how well-prepared I am because of it for a "normal" child. He's pretty preoccupied with C & I having babies now, and he asks a lot of questions. It's kinda funny. He insists he will NOT help to babysit, though. He will be "in his room" when the babies come over, he says. We'll see what he thinks when he finally gets around them.
Well, T & I went to Kings Island on Sunday with a few friends so here's a picture of me and Dora the Explorer since I apparently look a lot like her now that I have the same haircut. I've also included one of us last weekend at the pool with Mom, C, Stu, & T. Big bellies galore...
1 comment:
Hey, I found your blog! And you look GREAT pregnant; so excited to be able to keep up to date on the baby from afar!
Post a Comment